What have you been up to in Elite?

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » What have you been up to in Elite?

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 5 years ago.

mate you win !!!!!

won't even try to outdo that one lol

finally have ujean saline Cool

collected some stuff for turner as well then found out did not have the permit, so have to carry the stuff around with me all the time...wish we could store stuff same as modules etc.

have blue printed the heavy mod to go with the lightweight alloy, more hull strength without weight gain .

jlippo

jlippo avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 5 years ago.

Ehhhhh....just flying around in my engineered FDL on assassination missions Guns and pirate exterminations to get money for A-rating my Conda, then really going to get to work on Combat Bonds and Bounties. Might take a long trip out of the bubble wrap to see if I can find something new to log. We'll see how that goes. Hope to find a Thargoid base to ransack for data. Anyone found any Guardian stuff? Flame

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 5 years ago.

yep I have done the guardian sites for guns, modules and fsd booster.

Plenty of guides on utube if you need to get info...apparently there are plenty of sites to visit us well.

Also the forums are great for more details.

cheers

jlippo

jlippo avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 5 years ago.

Yep I watched a lot of those. Its sort of a secondary thing to Thargoids for me... Anyways, on my way out of the bubble wrap, and I will start posting logs (if anyone reads those things lol) when I get way the hell out there. Im heading out rather than in...

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 5 years ago.

sounds good. keep up the posts.

Whats your build ?

by the way...are there any station out that way ?

jlippo

jlippo avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 5 years ago.

So on my way out the network wouldn't hold long enough to go anywhere in a timely fashion Bash the wall, so I gave up and docked at Ray Gateway in Diaguandri. Also I am re-evaluating the FDL as an explorer, and might just pick up a Diamondback Explorer to do this run because its pretty cheap and also here at Ray it looks like there is a lot of A rated stuff. Then I took some assassination missions Guns and went to bed. See flight log for how many times I had to reload just during that.

jlippo

jlippo avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 5 years ago.

OK so picked up a DE and A rated it for exploration. I picked a spot WAY up there and went. starting with 550LY then we'll see. The thing that confused me is that if I "Use economical routes" the galaxy map tells me I can get there without refueling? If so, I SERIOUSLY underestimated the DE. Also I've been shooting probes at planets to get the hang of that, but curiously that doesn't show up in the log. Interesting. In any case, those of you that are following, enjoy. I hope to discover something that nobody else has. Sooooo another thing, how do I write a blog on this page? Seems like that would be much easier than responding to this thread... Roguey supporter

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 5 years ago.

Click on Elite Dangerous - Blogs at top of page

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 5 years ago.

So on my way out the network wouldn't hold long enough to go anywhere in a timely fashion , so I gave up and docked at Ray Gateway in Diaguandri. Also I am re-evaluating the FDL as an explorer, and might just pick up a Diamondback Explorer to do this run because its pretty cheap and also here at Ray it looks like there is a lot of A rated stuff. Then I took some assassination missions and went to bed. See flight log for how many times I had to reload just during that.
- jlippo

Agreed! The DE is cheap and cheerful and packs a bit of a wallop too. Great exploration range but comes a cropper when up against a big boy if you don't scarper PDQ.

I've now settled on a Krait II and gone into business with Thos.Cook hauling snotty passengers around. Very lucrative I have to say. 44 mill Klebs for one trip yesterday! (OK mea culpa it was the Katzenstein grind again but my natural personality traits (Greed and avarice, two of my more redeeming qualities BTW) yet again overcame my misgivings at watching the speedo crawl up and down for 40 minutes.

And the insurance premiums on a Krait II would make AXA blush! ... but with all A rated and one of those weird shield generators (Bi-weave) it's as hard as nails ... no trouble seeing off an Elite rate this a.m. and sending one to oblivion this afternoon, they were also sporting a Krait II. :o)

Then there's the hi maintenance cost (must be female!) but it can be offset by flogging maps to the Cartographic mob.

Business is booming and I've crossed to open play ... not nearly as bad as it's made out to be.

SKYDOG1 Travel ... ''Making friends and taking no prisoners'' is my new company ethos.

Eat your heart out Jet2 Hols!

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 5 years ago.

Hello, Everyone, Commander Kiki Pitts here with a query. First, I am fairly new to the game but am totally in love. Have just moved into Competent rank. Mostly in solo bounty hunting to build up revenue...

I need a mentor for a bit who can answer what are probably easy questions to him or her.
But here is the current one I really need guidance on.*

1 - After weeks of slowly building income at Beacons and Hig Rez sites - bounty hunting. Then I just finished purchasing and outfitting a Keelback for core mining so I can really build some income...only to discover yet another complex situation: How to configure the fire panel so that my thrusters don't stop working as soon as I employ hardpoints to use pulse scanner or prospector limpets. I have to get a position near an orange asteroid, then open Analytical Mode but as soon as I open the hardpoints to use pulse scanner, I get "Thrusters off!" If I am drifting when I open the door, I am in trouble as it keeps going....with no way to steer.

Also, my oxygen starts depleting also and the only way to stop gasping sounds is to close hardpoint doors again...to get "atmosphere restored"

I know it is because I cannot configure my fire panel correctly but the combinations of
1 - 5 priorities on about 30 different items (abrasion blasters, cargo hatch, limit controllers) is almost infinite, isn't it? I bought everything needed I learned from ED videos, but think that I have things with too high ratings also.

*Sooooo, is there a site that has a fire panel "map or list" of ideal Keelback core mining setup so I can use to refit my ship?

I have 20 other questions for my Mystery Mentor should I ever find him.

I am at Davis Terminal with my 4 ships. And by the way even tho the scanner shows a "voidopal" area in the planet icy ring nearby, there are no asteroids with much in them except water or some chemical that sells for 340 or so. I thought I read that these areas "replenish" a bit after being mined out, is that not true?

Okay, this blabbermouth will shut it and listen.

Thanks for your help!

3 - How to travel to a star system to buy or trade when as soon as you put destination in, it says something like "FSD blah blah, you do not have enough fuel" (to get to first leg of a plotted route) seems an impossible problem to solve. I got places by ramming into stations' mailslots without permission, getting blown up, then "waking up" in a detention center which was nearer places with icy rings where I had tried to be. LOL. I know, I am an idiot.

coloured textCommander Kiki Pittscoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured text
Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 5 years ago.

Hi KikiPitts,

No I am definitely not qualified to be your mentor .....so very sorry about that.

Lately there has not been a lot of activity on this great site but there are a few experienced players that I think keep an eye out so to speak so I am sure you will get your questions answered after some time.

Have come across the "not enough fuel" thing a few times, even just a few jumps away.....do not know the proper answer but I think I usually just replot until it comes good.

You do appear to have something wrong with your settings to get the problems stated, very obvious I know lol, but I do not have the expertise to sort it out for you unfortunately.

Love your way of getting around by the way...have not been to one of those detention place..yet!

all the best and hope you get it sorted..its a great game even with some of the bugs.

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 5 years ago.

Hi KikkiPitts, if you are in Davis in HIP13644 it's my home station. If I can be of any help you can friend me Cmdr Jake Valent, I'm currently on DW2 with alt account but can spend time to assist. I'm U.K based and online mornings and afternoons

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 5 years ago.

Sorry I just assumed you were on PC, should have asked what platform you are on.

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 5 years ago.

Those gasping sounds are probably caused by your power module being overworked and failing. If you go over about 98% it'll conk the moment you put up your weapons. 4 on the keyboard check 'modules' Try to A grade your power generator and switch off all non-essentials. Dock Computer, cargo hatch and AFM if you've got one (you should have! It's saved my bacon a few times as I limped home all beaten up)

Anyhoo ... it dangled the carrot and like the donkey I am I bit and bought a Fed Corvette. Took an enormous bite out of my klebs A rating where possible ... but this time I've kept my KraitII in the wardrobe rather than flogging it on. Back to the grind ... klebs to earn! :o)

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 5 years ago.

Anyhoo ... it dangled the carrot and like the donkey I am I bit and bought a Fed Corvette.
- SKYDOG1

It's weirdly agile for such a huge ship right? Makes it nice to fly.

« 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »

You need to log-in to post here.