What have you been up to in Elite?

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » What have you been up to in Elite?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

Yeah its in open. I always play open unless im trading in a dangerous area such as CGs then I just go to Mobius group. Seems like people bring out the big guns for that and my trading fitted Cutter has no chance of surviving an attack from a pvp fit big ship.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

I have joined the ps4 Mobius group but dunno how it works when you fly with them, do you team up with another member ?

sry to pester you with questions mate, but I really appreciate your replies

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

Honestly, I rarely fly with them. I think last time I did was maybe a year ago for a bounty hunting CG. Funny you bring that up now because I just seen an old video of one of the guys I was in wing with. If interested for whatever reason you can see it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LcSCg_wuJQ. I think the Cutter is even more sexy when viewed from a different angle hehe.

But I do like to see other people around while doing stuff and honestly even in open you rarely see anyone unless you are in a popular system like Shinrarta Dezhra, LHS 3447 or the current CG system. Its nice to have some interaction on those long hours of tedious trading.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

hey that was a good video !

was that using FA off?

how do u stay in contact with each other, i don't mean typing, just to know where the other is..I got lost a few times with all the ships there.

Seemed a long time for the shields to come back up to three rings even on full sys.

kill warrant ?...does that give more bounty ?

i could see voice comm working well there....only my guess but.

thanks again mate you are being very helpful, much appreciated

ps. Shinrarta Dezhra is where I am based,for no other reason than I do not know anywhere else that is suitable haha

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

No idea about the video, im just in it lol. I searched for my name on youtube and that is the only one that came up that wasn't mine. But yeah kill warrant scanner gets you more bounties. Im actually not sure how voice works in elite, i know you can talk directly to another person but no idea if it is a group chat or not. Somebody suggested a discord server a while back but we never did it, that would be a good place to get on voice coms and just a general chat. I use a Blue Yeti on a boom mount when i do use one. Im in Shinrarta too. I think it is the best place since you have everything and the 10% discount.

As for FA off, not sure if that guy does that or not. I don't though as im not that good. I didn't really watch the entire video. I do remember that though cause I was afraid of ramming the other guys with my ship.

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 6 years ago.

Hi Bazr, don't know what speed my SSD is but it's a Sandisk ultra II 240 Gb and it cut my boot up time by at least 50%. See you guys are in Shinrarta Dezhra, a word of caution if playing in open there I was interdicted just outside Jameson and attacked by 3 Cmdrs, had no chance, onlly time I've ever been attacked by another player.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

thanks JV,when I decided to go to PC that was on the agenda, glad to know you noticed the improvement, impressive.
Haven't decided on one yet but I know there are different speeds with them....I rekon yours is a good one.

I only play in solo so far but am aware of the probs in open unfortunately.

Also I noticed at Steam that to go pc means I have to purchase both the base game and Horizons as well....not a cheap option eh?
Will look around to see if I have other options.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

Well you could wait until it goes on sale. I've seen the base game as low as $10 USD with a lesser discount on Horizons (i think it came out to $30 for both) but that may have been during a major sale like a summer sale which is only a few months away.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

guess I will wait and see for a bit, thanks

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

just checked in on the news...does it mean we now forget about the engineers and concentrate on the guardian techs?

just checked again on steam re game price....

best pc deal atm seems the commander pack which contains both base game and horizons.

$77.2 aud..saves about $15 aud

still seems a bit excy atm ! but might consider it maybe maybe Smile

Sterling_MH

Sterling_MH avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 5 years ago.

Leaving. Why? They're removing gameplay from solo and PG to make people go Open, and if that doesn't work (it won't), they'll strip more out of the other modes so that you aren't playing any game any more.

I DO Suspect that this is just a rational move for Frontier Development, and this is not an evil plan, so if you are within some fairly recent time a new player, like maybe 6 months for a game like this, where that could easily be expected to at least have TRIED every feature enough to know what it's for and how you like it, and you get a refund. FD isn't evil, but this IS a change to the game that I bought and so the contract has been null and voided by this change.

Sure, I've had some use of the game, but then again, FD have had some use of my money to make money off too. So knock-for-knock, they can have your game back and I'll have my money back. Clearly we don't agree to the same game any more, so you no longer have right to use my money and I no longer have right to use your game.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 5 years ago.

I haven't been keeping up with the game recently. What did they remove from solo and group?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 5 years ago.

strange, never heard about Frontier removing content from solo before. Im keen to know what they have done too.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 5 years ago.

any news regarding changes to play ?

Have been away traveling.

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 5 years ago.

Haven't seen any changes myself, but I do like the Krait Mk 11

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »