What have you been up to in Elite?

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » What have you been up to in Elite?

MacRaven

MacRaven avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 7 years ago.

Good job on the Clipper Bud

Tattersail

Tattersail avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 7 years ago.

Hauling freight. Just got an invite to join a Power so I'm looking into that. I have a Mark IV and about 1.4 million credts so far so just getting my feet wet. I was going to do one of those community missions. I got to the base where the Galaxy Maps were, plotted where I needed to drop off the cargo and was dismayed at how far away it was, like half the galaxy? Do you literally spend hours getting to this place and that's it? Is it even worth it?

MacRaven

MacRaven avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 7 years ago.

Hey Tattersail
If its Colonia i would stay away from it for now as im not sure if it is worth it unless you have a VERY good ship with a VERY good jump range.But if you talking about Meene then Roguey here on this site have some very good video on how to do this.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

For the groups involved it could be worth it. But unless you are in those groups then there is no point really unless you want to go shoot at people and/or explore.

This is all assuming you are speaking of Colonia. I think they are building a new station for a player group. I have no friends or groups so I am not involved.

As MacRaven said check out the front page for info on the Meene one: http://roguey.co.uk/elite-dangerous/news/single.php?id=591

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 7 years ago.

Well I was at Colonia a week or so ago. I didnt see that much to-do apart from exploration. There are a few outposts out-there but dont offer much in the form of trading. I did find some resource collection sites but I found it a bit immersion-breaking when being attacked by the same NPC's. There are player groups and that, but most players arent hanging around Colonia.

You can get passengers / missions, but both normally require you to travel 20,000+ ly. The passenger missions require you to return for payment. Colonia does have some rare goods for sale but figured it wasnt worth reducing the jump-range for a few thousand credits. I am sure I will revisit Colonia in the future.

I think the main focus at the moment is the aliens. Im guessing Frontier didnt want to put them too far, as it would make it differcult for some to visit. It does seem the mission some-what bugged - as you can get credit for other peoples scans in open/group. I would highly suggest playing in Mobius if you checking out the alien sites. Im hearing quite a lot of commanders are being attacked in open for no reason.

MrDriv3

MrDriv3 avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 7 years ago.

I only have a lowly T6 currently outfitted for passenger transport which is working fairly well actually. I'm making 1 long trip per hour as it can jump up to 20.8LY but that can bring in 500k-1.2M per trip so I'm happy with that for now. Gonna try to save up for the infinite discovery scanner so I can make money with cartographics while I'm on a mission, already got the detailed surface scanner. Want to eventually outfit my Viper MK4 as a full fighter and start moving through the Federal ranks to get a corvette. Big plans I know but I'll get there... I hope Smile

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Picture

Surprisingly raised about 300 mil from missions the past few days! So finally got that Anaconda I wanted for so long. Handles like a beached whale though, no wonder people tend to avoid it for combat use. Good trader though. Haven't tried it in combat but seems like the type of ship you would want mostly gimbaled weapons and turrets along with some fighters.

Picture

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

I only have a lowly T6 currently outfitted for passenger transport which is working fairly well actually. I'm making 1 long trip per hour as it can jump up to 20.8LY but that can bring in 500k-1.2M per trip so I'm happy with that for now.
- MrDriv3

Sounds like your getting there. When you get to the bigger ships dont rush; make sure you always leave enough for rebuy and to resume what-ever you were doing (ie. money to buy goods if trading). I once flew a T9 without enough for insurance, and that was silly of me. I havnt done that again.

Surprisingly raised about 300 mil from missions the past few days! So finally got that Anaconda I wanted for so long. Handles like a beached whale though, no wonder people tend to avoid it for combat use. Good trader though.
- Sinxar

Congratulations on the Anaconda. Its a mixed bag in some respects; its the best explorer, pretty good at trading (it was the best until the cutter / corvette showed up), and a pretty good combat vessel (yea its a bit slow). I usually end up in it. Im trying to use an Asp Explorer for a change, and got its jump around up-to 48'ish. The Anaconda has a lot of shielding but can struggle to catch up to ships. I dont find the turn-speed that bad to be honest.

If your just looking for fighting ship, then the Fer-de-lance would be a better choice. The Anaconda is one of the best all-rounders.

j0lt

j0lt avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 7 years ago.

Finally got myself into a Python! I didn't think I'd want to replace my AspX, which, until now was my favourite ship in the game. The Python does everything better, with the one exception being jump range.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Finally got myself into a Python! I didn't think I'd want to replace my AspX, which, until now was my favourite ship in the game. The Python does everything better, with the one exception being jump range.
- j0lt

Nice! Yeah I like the Python too... except for combat. With a combat loadout it just feels so sluggish to me personally. This may be something an engineer can address. It is much like the Asp Explorer in this regard. Fitted for combat it is just slightly too sluggish for my taste.

Wireframe Paintjob 13LY from MaiaPicture

I love it as a trader for those good deals at outpost and it makes an awesome mission runner. Right now I got it fit with a 5A scoop, 3x 6C First Class Cabins with only 3A shields, docking computer, adv discovery scanner and the rest cargo racks. I only got a point defense and 2x heat sinks in the utility slots and no weapons. I also dropped a class or two for some modules to save weight. For those sightseeing adventures, it is excellent since you can pick up passengers at outpost.

Did you get the wireframe paintjob during the special holiday event last month? At the time I wasn't playing the game and had no intention of getting an Anaconda. Regret not buying that skin now though, although the Python wireframe is still nice. Had a few people ask where I got it. Assuming nobody is subbed to the newsletter because they advertise these things in there.

Oh lol I forgot to tell you guys! I died in my Anaconda already! It is A rated but it had no weapons or anything. Got interdicted by another Anaconda and couldn't get away and just died. I put it in storage and went back to missions for now. I'll try it again later.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

So apparently this is a thing.

Picture

NPC landed on a planet. Randomly came across it while looking for some escape pods. Is this new? I've honestly never seen it.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

NPC landed on a planet. Randomly came across it while looking for some escape pods. Is this new? I've honestly never seen it.
- Sinxar

First time ive seen that too. Shame it wasnt in a lawless system, as you could of shoot it to see what happens.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

So I just looked and no looks like it has been in the game for some time now. Here is a post on Reddit from Oct 13, 2016: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/577vqu/new_thing_npc_landed_on_the_surface_of_a_planet/

Well that is cool I guess. Since I am working on that rescue CG, I thought maybe it was their people out looking for escape pods too. Guess I overthought it.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Wow I finally finished that horrible grind and got my Cutter! I am sure you all know what a cutter looks like so I won't spam a ton of pics this time. I don't like any of the skins in the shop so I am just going to wait and see if any new ones come out soon.

It flies a lot like the Anaconda as expected except it is extremely fast. Since it is so heavy it is very 'drifty'. As example, if I boost to top speed (about 410) and turn, I can yaw fully 90 degrees and it is still moving the direction I boosted at full speed, much like flying with FA off. This can be very dangerous... imagine trying to land on a planet. Of course I am engineering it and got a nice boost to the shields and FSD. I did a dirty tuning on the thrusters but that is only a level 3 upgrade. Still though it helps with the agility quite a bit. The FSD only has a level 4 range upgrade as I need more materials for level 5. With my current loadout it reaches 27 LY. Hoping for around 35 LY with the lvl 5 and a good roll. Supposedly not as good as the Corvette but I like it. With the massive cargo capacity now would be a good time to start trading to Elite to help pay for some more upgrades. Eventually I will fully combat fit it, should be decent with some fighters and turrets. The cockpit location is pretty sweet too. I don't like the Anaconda's cockpit location as it feels like I am going to bang my forehead off the top of the mail slot every time I pass through it. So basically it is like a huge Clipper, found myself boosting out of stations already... Shouldn't be doing that though :P

So yay, finally done grinding that Empire rank. Was considering working on Federation rank but I can't handle it right now. I need to do something different before burn out sets in.

PicturePicture

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

@Sixar Woh, you move fast. The other day you said you only just got an Python. Im guessing left Elite for awhile and recently back to it. So with all the updates you are progressing much further than before?

The cutter is a nice ship although for me it was a little late into the game. Its an excellent trader, capable of moving up-to 800t of cargo. The weapon placements arent bad but not as good as the Corvette, but still its very capable fighter. I feel the same about the design - the cutter looks better.

For me I keep getting stuck in that darn Anaconda - not that it is a bad ship. The trouble is that its very good all-rounder with the highest jump-range (atm 55ly, trying to get 60ly). I thought id give the passenger missions ago, to boost up my exploration rank (with sightseeing missions). I tried the Orca first but its let down with its poor jump-range (25ly for long-range mission isnt great). So afterwards I tried the Belguna; its better - but still doesnt beat the Anaconda as a passenger ship. The only down-side is it cant carry luxury cabins (but I havnt seen too many of those missions yet).

I also need to work on my Federation rank too. I hear the best way is donation missions? On top of all that, I got to check out the ruins, brain tress and try and unlock some more engineers.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »

You need to log-in to post here.