What have you been up to in Elite?

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » What have you been up to in Elite?

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

I tried to find out news about upcoming 2.4 release. People seems to think it could include some story based changes (Thargoids and a war between Federation and Empire) and gas giants as a first steps for atmospheric flight.

What kind of improvements you would like to see done for group mechanics?

How do you feel the multiplayer aspect is working at the moment in general? According to my small amount of game play hours I still have a feeling the capabilities to interact with other human players are quite minimal.

It is really interesting to follow what kind of plans FD has for Elite: Dangerous and what they are going to do in near future.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

More than 4 people in a wing would also be great. The max wing size was never an issue for me until I joined Mobius. We go out hunting and run into other people hunting as well which means somebody has to leave the area or risk not getting any bounties. Player groups would be a nice addition (such as guilds/clans/corporations). You know in Guild Wars 2 how there are those high level guild quest. They could do something like that where you must have at least 10 people to have a chance at completing some special mission. Maybe even guild vs guild ranked battles. Once you allow people to group like this there are a lot of possibilities.

For mining, right now there is a bonus to how many fragments per rock you get for being in a wing. In 2.3 beta this has been removed for some unknown reason. I typically mine alone anyway but it seems strange to keep nerfing it. Mining has come a long way since release I would argue that it is almost inline with other professions, especially bounty hunting. That could be the reason though. Stop people from mining and make them do multi-crew stuff instead.

AFAIK the only real information about 2.4 is customizable HUD colors.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 7 years ago.

hmm.. well there is bound to be more alien stuff in 2.4, although we havnt even got 2.3 yet Smile

as for the 4 player per wing, I doubt we see that change - unless Frontier decides to change the net-code. GW2 can even handle battles with 100's of players - take the mega-bosses. Id like seen that happen with Elite.

as for customizable HUD colours, cant we do that already?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

as for customizable HUD colours, cant we do that already?
- Roguey

The more I think about it, they are likely talking about adding more microtransactions and removing the ability for us to mess with it.

Capt_Dark

Capt_Dark avatar
Level badge Noguey (0)
Posted 7 years ago.

I have been dogfighting a bit more to build my Federation rep. I would like to obtain the Anaconda at some point. I play a competing game SC where I find the space fighting to be clunky and to be fair it is still under development, but. I like the Elite world for more balance and a smoother feel. There is an appropriate vastness with a sense of realism to Elite which doesn't exist elsewhere.

I had spent the time before the holidays trying to travel as far as I had time to do so. I think farthest point now is about 2500 ly out. I did that with 20 ly jumps. I would like to see some use of black holes/ worm holes to be able to slip to new areas. They would require discovery so would inspire explorer to hunt through the various black holes around the verse.

A few live audio vocals from NPC opponents would be cool, smugglers, pirates, military, allies etc. A little radio chatter could bring a bit more organics to the system. The bases are becoming more and more beautiful which I really like. I have been re-exploring areas to see what has changed. I fly for a living and the airways are rarely quiet even in very remote regions.

More ambient sounds on the various bases including human "white" noise could be interesting.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

@Capt_Dark Hi!

Here is a thread maintained by edqe about Star Citizen if you are interested: Star Citizen shows, news and information.

You prolly know all that stuff though if you have been playing it!

I always wanted to hear an NPC say "You look like a fish worth landing!". I always lol when they say that, would be even more comical if they had a voice.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

hmm.. well there is bound to be more alien stuff in 2.4, although we havnt even got 2.3 yet
- Roguey

Well, it is always interesting to look way forward and speculate what could be coming at some point in future Smile. I guess 2.3 will be released middle of April.

I saw ObsidianAnt's video about space stations recently. It was pretty interesting to see how much E:D starts to look like X Rebirth Smile. Yet another great video...

oken_pierre

oken_pierre avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 7 years ago.

Sad It seems very strange that no one is talking about the Ram Tah mission since 2.3 has finally happened. All the previous information is now worthless and all known sites have to be rescanned as the sites actives have changed entirely. I have been trying to complete this mission exclusively in solo mode with no success since it was available. Now with 2.3 released I have managed to get very close to completing the mission but so far can not find the last missing obelisk to decode. I have now reached the conclusion it is not even yet possible for this to be achieved in solo mode and until someone posts information they have completed in solo I stand by this belief. If anyone has completed it in solo mode with 2.3, I would like to know please. Understand if it is possible I do not expect the spoiler so everyone can do it, just is it possible? I do lots of exploration now the Diamondback Explorer has an awesome jump range but the refueling is very slow with its limited internal slot layout. It is not my favorite exploration ship but works well for the Ram Tah mission. I am visiting all the known sites even if the maps are not available for the 113 known sites and have added much information to those I have visited with maps. The sites without maps I just visit, scan all groups and move on only keeping the newly decoded information for each site. I have only 3 days left to find the missing one before the mission ends. I made the mistake of not turning in the 94 I did find in 2.2 before the timer expired and lost the 94 million credits. Trying not to let that happen again. Taking trips away where internet is not available makes it hard to get this mission completed in solo mode. So far have only seen the one posting from facebook about a completion but no mention which mode was used.

oken_pierre

oken_pierre avatar
Posted 6 years ago.

Finally bought my first little Dolphin and I love it so far!! Have a few engineering mods and now it gets just over 40 LY jump. Carried my first group for 4.3 million and got interdicted twice, managed to avoid both so passengers were Happy and I delivered them back home safely. Now thinking if interdictions are going to be a problem then passenger tourism is a risky business in the Dolphin. Oh well at least it works and seems to be capable. After reading about the neutron star fields I may be trying to visit those sometime soon. I have my Anaconda but not really used it for anything yet. Waiting to get my credit reserve built up more first because the insurance cost is quite high. Found a Black Hole and a Neutron star in systems I have visited many times but never even knew they were there!!! I have nightmares about neutron stars because of losing ships visiting them, not knowing how to get out alive. After reading the neutron fields information I have less fear but no idea how to use them for jump boosting the FSD. Want to try figuring that out as well. Black Holes another story. Just made Exploration rank Ranger. Yea Peace to all and have fun ... P.S. still trying to finish the Ram Tah mission in solo mode, not yet possible... Nod Smile Sad

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 6 years ago.

Finally bought my first little Dolphin and I love it so far!!
- oken_pierre

Glad to hear, its a pretty small ship but can be a lot of fun. 40ly is pretty good - I guess thats with equipment?

After reading the neutron fields information I have less fear but no idea how to use them for jump boosting the FSD. Want to try figuring that out as well. Black Holes another story. Just made Exploration rank Ranger. Yea Peace to all and have fun ... P.S. still trying to finish the Ram Tah mission in solo mode, not yet possible...
- oken_pierre

Congratulations on the exploration rank! As for black-holes, I didnt see very interesting to me. All that seem to happen was space looked a bit distorted.

As for neutron stars, they arent too bad. You just need to fly into the blue section without getting too close to the sun itself. I did make a video on them awhile back, here;

oken_pierre

oken_pierre avatar
Posted 6 years ago.

Thankyou for the video Roguey, that nicely explains how to use the boost safely. Yes that 40 LY is with Dolphin equipped for Economy passenger trips. Could also use for exploration subbing passenger cabin for cargo rack for Ram Tah mission. Would also need SRV bay of course. Since its a small ship would be easier landing near Obelisk than my Type-6 I usually use. I am now thinking to sacrifice some jump range to get faster Detailed surface scans as that really bogs down my exploration currently. Working on my 3rd Ram Tah mission since I now get 100 of the 101 in solo play. It takes lots of sites to reach the 100 but that's ok as I usually get lots of exploration between sites. 3 % Ranger now, slowly progressing. Safe travels as always have fun...

oken_pierre

oken_pierre avatar
Posted 6 years ago.

My first Elite rank in Trader reached today. Its going to take a lot longer to make Exploration rank I can see now. Time to go farther exploring to see if that makes a difference. Smile Smile

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

So I haven't played in a while and got the game installed and all setup the other day. Picked up a Chieftain, pretty good ship. I like it a lot. The agility is nice with the firepower it brings and is fairly versatile.

But my question is, what is there to do right now? I don't want to just run random missions. Is there anything specific I should be doing?

Right now I signed up for the CG and headed over in my Corvette and shot up some cartel. Anything else to do though?

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 6 years ago.

Not too keen on the Chieftain myself, I recently joined a wing on Inara and looking to help it expand.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

Not too keen on the Chieftain myself
- JayVee

Why?

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »

You need to log-in to post here.